Wednesday, August 23, 2006

31 Days of Praise...

Well it amazes me at the way Father works, truly...I started this blog because it was a way for me to get all of these jumbled thoughts out of my head and into something I could read. I am a writing girl for sure. I can gnaw on it for days and days and suddenly when I attempt to put it down on paper or on this screen it makes more sense than it ever has in my head. So I am grateful to God that it has been an avenue for me to process and think and rethink things that deserve to be rethought and things like that. In the process of doing so though, I continue to hear from those of you (some of whom I have never even met) who ask me to please keep writing and to update this blog more frequently and some of you even crazy enough to send me emails telling me to write a book. Heaven help us all!! Thank you soooo much for your kind words however, I am humbled and honored that anything that God may be teaching me would be of any benefit to you. Truth is I'd love to have the time and the insight and the diligence for my brain to stay on one topic long enough to be able to put it between two covers and call it a book. I'd love to do that someday but for today it ain't gonna happen! :)

In an effort however to use this blog to bless those of you who may still be reading it, for the next 31 days I am going to post something special on this blog. My dear friend Donna bought me a book before I left to come here and it's called 31 Days of Praise, if you have an opportunity to buy it it's a great little book that helps keep you centered. This will be my third time through it and it gets richer for me everytime. I have made notes all over the pages and written out my heart to God and it has just been a book for me to "experience" and not just read. Can't share the whole book with you but thought I would type out for you on here a day to read through with me for the next 31 days. It will help me be diligent about keeping up and hopefully be a blessing to you as well. Please know this is not my work, it is written by a lady named Ruth Myers whose heart definitely touches my own.

DAY 1:

My heart rejoices in You, Lord, for You are my strong shelter in times of trouble and danger and stress, my hiding place to whom I may continually resort...my Father who lovingly provides for me...my Shepherd who guides and protects me...my Champion who upholds my cause as His child and defends my highest interests...my Bridegroom who delights in me...my God who is mighty to save, who rests in His love for me and rejoices over me with singing, with shouts of joy. You are my inheritance, my share in life, the One who satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness.

I praise You for Your love and Your wisdom. You are too wise to ever make a mistake, too loving to ever do anything unkind. You act on my behalf, accomplishing what concerns me and fulfilling Your purpose for me as I call on You. Thank You that You love me deeply and tenderly. You are compassionate and gracious, full of lovingkindness, ready to forgive, patiently considerate, and generous beyond imagining. You desire my love and rejoice to do good things for me. You delight to give me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in You. How precious is Your love to me, O God! I sing for joy as I take refuge in the shadow of Your wings!

Psalm 91:1,2

No comments: