Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Does It Get Any Better Than This???

I LOVE HONDURAS....have I mentioned that lately? Just got home from devo where we got to hear great singing and sweet where did you see Jesus stories. God is working mightily here as always and good things are happening. Have gotten to see so many people I love already today. Met up with Judy and Brett, dear friends of mine from Lipscomb that I don't get many opportunities to see anymore and got to spend some time with them which was good for the heart. Got to see Margaret, Terry, and Nate and hug their necks and they are just way near and dear to me, so that is always special time.

[Just as a sidenote here, and perhaps the most important part of this blog, I am petitioning all of your prayers...we desperately need an army of prayer to lift Terry to the Father's ears every hour of the day through the next few weeks. Margaret found some more spots on him yesterday, and so everyone is certainly concerned about all that means. He is a warrior for Jesus, so please help us beg God's blessings on this sweet man and his awesome family.]

Spent some time tonight talking with Timateo and Tim Hines about the blueprints for the childrens home and laying out how that will look. It has been decided that at the onset of this childrens home project we will only take children up through the age of 5. While we had originally thought it might be just a home for girls, now we are looking at the possibilities of it being for girls and boys as the needs arise and allowing God choose who needs to be there. Those decisions are still up in the air but much thought and prayer will happen this week to help us finalize some of those decisions. I can not begin to tell you how exciting it is to be a part of this. I am fall on my face humbled and grateful. Everything about it feels right. If I could just figure out a way to move you guys here, well then it would be next to perfect. Suppose that's why it can't happen because I would be tempted to think that was Heaven on earth. :)

Mark and Connie are having a great time. We're retiring early tonight because we haven't had any sleep since Monday night and off and on for a few minutes today on the plane.

Tomorrow's plans include the Valle of the Angeles, Suyapa, Blind School, and whatever else God has up his sleeve. It is good to be here. Thanks for your prayers and your love. We're serving for all of you who would love to be here doing this and we do not take a second of that for granted. Be blessed and be a blessing right where you are and may you be Jesus with all your might and an abundance of His grace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!!!!

Glad to hear all went well with the travels. We were all sitting around talking after church last night wondering what was going on down in Teguc. Boy, there sure is a part of me right now that is dying inside because you are there and I'm not. That is very cool to read about what is going on at the kiddo's home.

Oh, and Mark, just to let you know. . . Zoe left us a present on the Living Room floor yesterday morning, but has been wonderful ever since. Chances are, you may not get her back.

Love you all a bunch and miss you already. Can't wait to hear about Connie's experience for the first time!!!!

Seek HIM,
Tony

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll!:)

Wow! it sure is nice to read all the wonderful things you are doing and are going to be doing! I just wish I could be there helping you serve...I know when I got home from our trip this spring I read the blog and (no offense Jen) it didn't even amount to what we experienced...so I guess I’m not only praying for the wonderful ways God can use all of you this week but I’m also asking him for you to be able to write the blogs so that I can read them and grasp the only thing I can from Honduras right now...I love you guys so much and you are in my prayers every day…hug lots of little children for me and let them know they are loved (and I know you will)...thanks for serving when the opportunity was given!!!
I can't tell you how much I love you guys and appreciate what you are doing!
Love,
Kelsey Ann

P.S. Tell the Hines family I said hello...and tell them I said thank you for all they do in Honduras! :)

Anonymous said...

oh...and we are most definitley praying for Terry and his family as well...Love ya'll

Kelsey Ann

Anonymous said...

Best to you Jen and to the many hearts & souls you are touching for God. Prayers answered with your safe arrival and all that goes on. Keep on keeping on. Joy B.