Friday, December 09, 2005

It's Enough To Know...

Well my amigo's arrived yesterday from the States and what a treat that has already been. Cried when I got to hug them at the airport. Just felt good to have familiar hugs. We toured the children's home having some sappy moments seeing all of the places and things we have gathered often to pray for the past several months. It has been sweet time already and we have lots more days of this. Yippy Skippy!! I know I'm beyond blessed but I just get to be heart knit to some really awesome folks and being known and loved by them is a precious privilege. They encourage my heart merely by their presence and so selfishly I am going to have a blessed week with getting to refill my tank with them being here.

Jude, everytime I said something to Eduardo about having friends come in from the States he asked me Judy and Brett?? I said no buddy not right now. He loves you all so much!! What a sweet dent you've made in a families life. They're doing well.

And Rachael and everyone else who's watching and waiting, I will post some more pictures soon but my digital camera is temporarily misplaced, I pray temporarily. It was in Joe's car the other day when we rode with him, and then it wasn't anymore. So say a prayer that it decide's to be found. If not I'll use someone else's pictures and put them on here.

Have to share with you today the words to a song I have recently "found." It has become a new favorite. I love the words and the message behind it. Think sometimes we get into the habit of thinking that faith is something you have to fight to have and wrestle with forever and that in order to truly have it you must answer the deep questions and so at least for me it has at times been about a lot of "extra's." A lot more than what faith is really based on. When I heard this song I think it summed up so much of what I'm feeling right now in my walk. I don't EVER want to have a complacent faith but I love the idea of a settled faith. Think those are very different. Life may twist and turn and feel like it's spinning at moments and undoubtedly situations and circumstances will change, but my faith can find a resting place in knowing that Jesus died and He died for me. Think when it's all boiled away most of us are tired of the arguments, and we're tired of all the chaos that sometimes gets attached to something that when you really think about it is very simple. This song is by Out of Eden and called "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place." Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and that it speaks to your heart a sweet peace in knowing it really is all about Him and you can rest there. Doesn't that sound good?!

My faith has found a resting place
Not in device nor creed
I trust in the ever-living one
And His wounds for me shall plead
Enough for me that Jesus saves
This ends my fear and doubt
A sinful soul I come to Him
And He will never cast me out

(Chorus)I don't need another argument, don't need another plea
It's enough that Jesus died and that He died for me
I don't need another argument, don't need another plea
It's enough that Jesus died and that He died for me

My heart is written on the Word, the written Word of God
Salvation is by my Savior's name, salvation by the Savior's blood
The great physician heals the sick, the lost He came to save
For me His precious blood He shed, for me His life He gave

(Chorus)

It is enough what He's done, how it makes me love Him
It is enough what He's done, I know I can trust Him
It is enough how He took the pieces of my soul
Blew life in them and made me whole
I have found a resting place


And my heart says Amen!! Be blessed...

No comments: