Monday, February 05, 2007

Because of Me???

There's this neat little verse tucked into the end of Chapter 1 of Galatians that has stuck on me and won't let me go...it comes to mind in the coolest moments and causes me to think about it's implications in a whole host of situations. I happened upon it a couple weeks ago, as we've started to have a weekly bible study in the Casa after the kiddo's go to bed with the folks on the property which has been a great thing. Isn't it funny how you can read something sooooo many times and miss it and then all at once it jumps right off the page at you. This verse did that to me a couple weeks ago. Here it is ready...

"and they gave glory to God because of me..." now I realize that perhaps those 9 words are not all that profound per se it's just that it caught me and hasn't let me go. Think as I read it and contemplated it it's what I decided I'd love to have said about my life someday.

Think it also is worthy of noting that Paul makes this statement after explaining some of his life's worst mistakes and how God had turned them around and completely changed his life. I love that. Is such a vivid reminder that sometimes people will give God glory because of your changed life. Takes no more than one look at a completely changed life to testify of God's goodness. It's one of the clearest proof's. Don't you ever let Satan tell you God can't use you because you've done too much or slipped too far or have too much baggage. That is a lie from the pits of hell. You stare into the eyes of Jesus, you walk toward Him, you leave that junk behind and you watch and see what happens. People won't be able to deny the Christ cause they'll see the change in you and that speaks. It just speaks louder than any other message we offer the world. So you have a past???? Well good, then you're a great opportunity to be a billboard for Jesus, it's all in your perspective. Don't you let Satan hold you down any longer, that's garbage and you call him on it. Then you run toward those open arms and don't you ever look back.

Think it also hit me that even in ministry, maybe especially in ministry sometimes, there are moments when we want the glory. In our human moments it feels good that people notice when you're doing a good job. In my good moments however, my true to my heart moments, what I really want is for people to look at this life and miss me and see Jesus.

"and they gave glory to God because of me..." Oh Lord may it please be so. May we live our lives with hearts that desire to make You look good.

No comments: