Tuesday, June 17, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...

Today is my parents ??? anniversary. Pretty sure it's like 36, who knows I lost count. It's a long stinking time that's all I know.

I'm 31 and I think they were married for several years before I came along, so yeah 36 sounds about right...I could be wrong.

Anyway that is so very much not the point...the point is that all of my life growing up I had the privilege of living in a home with parents who loved each other. You know those kind of parents where you make YUCK noises when they walk in and kiss each other when you're little and then grow up and realize how tremendously grateful you are that they just really like doing life together.

I know there have been plenty of moments when one or both of them could have given up cause times were hard, but they didn't. They held on through times that were difficult, when they had no idea how to parent these crazy kids God entrusted to them, through times when our family was hurting, through times when it would have been easier honestly to quit sometimes.

I know now at 31 what a gift it is to be able to go home to one house where mom and dad still live. Not just live but live in love with each other still after so many years and experiences together.

I love you guys. Happy Anniversary. Thank you for loving each other and allowing us to grow up knowing you did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How Sweet! Thanks for making our anniversary special. We are so proud of you and love and miss you very much -- even the Yucks! ~ Mom