Friday, January 08, 2010

I wish I could paint you a picture or show you one of my day today. I'll try to use my words to do so.

I am at Tony and Sarajane's house today, (no doubt you've read their names on here before they are two of my favorite people on the planet.) I stayed overnight last night and to say that I get spoiled rotten when I'm here is a mild understatement. There is a fire roaring in the fireplace right beside me and I can feel the warmth of it on my arm as I'm typing this (not to mention the soothing sound of the crackling) and the curtains are pulled back from the double door windows and I'm watching the snow fall. Maggie just brought me a cup of Sugar Plum Spice hot tea a bit ago and I'm enjoying it as it is my very favorite flavor near the holidays...when you've walked this many miles together, you know those sorts of things about one another. Casting Crowns is playing softly on my laptop as I type this and just up the stairs I can hear the sounds of life and laughter from some of my VERY favorite people on earth as they take down their Christmas tree together.

Can't even describe to you today the blessing of having people in my world who know me so well that they give me permission to be in their home, light a fire for me, come love on me every once in a while, and then give me permission to sit in quiet and read and spend a very much needed day with God.

I don't have a ton to write today, nothing of deep eternal significance I suppose...or maybe it is, maybe I am just reminding myself of the gift that this sweet family is to my life and they have been of EXTREME eternal significance. They still are.

And maybe just maybe I'm remembering that most often I see Jesus in my relationships with other people and remembering that we have the opportunity to show Him to one another whenever we choose to.

Today I see Him in a fire, some snow, several hugs, and the freedom to do whatever I want to do while in their home.

I love you all so much. You do love me like Jesus. You always have. I love Him more because of you!!!

(Sidenote: as I was getting ready to close this, this precious little gal with big ole brown eyes just delivered a candy cane to me from the tree and said "here auntie Jen" and stoked my fire cause it was dying down. thanks God for your tender touches through human hands. you ARE good to me.)

No comments: