Thursday, March 29, 2007

God IS Faithful...

I am being as honest as I know how to be with you when I tell you that once again I've had one of the most faith building weeks of my life. They come in different ways at different times, but this week it was learning how to lay the things you love most in God's hands and leave them there and trust Him with them. My mom hasn't been feeling well and she had gone to the doctor and found out that her blood pressure was super high and they did an EKG and it came back abnormal. Then last week she went to have a stress test and there were reasons for concern on it and so the doctor said that he was pretty certain that there was blockage, but thought that it was in one of the smaller arteries and so she was scheduled for a catherization this morning and they thought they would be able to take care of the blockage with angioplasty or worst case with a stint.

Now all this being said, I am well aware that the news could have been so much worse. It's just that this is MY mom we're talking about now and somehow your head doesn't speak louder than your heart in those situations. So I was, needless to say, very concerned and the worst part is that I was way over here and she is way over there and if I thought there were days that were difficult to be away when everyone is well, they surely do not compare to the days of being away when people you love are hurting.

So once again I had some moments with God, maybe you're familiar with them, when He has proven His faithfulness over and over and over again and yet you find yourself standing looking up into His face and saying "yeah but can I trust you with THIS, cause this is my mom we're talking about and I need her and this is different, can I trust you with THIS, cause I know you can but will you." Certainly not full of faith in all moments and I've learned it's better just to be honest with Him about that.

So I called this morning to talk to mom before she went in to have the procedure and we were all a bit stressed you could tell. They promised someone would be outside at noon for me to call and see how things were going, and when I called then my dad told me the doctor had looked all over and could find no blockage, so no angioplasty no stint needed.

I choose to believe God just reached in there and took care of it and touched her heart. I know He touched mine and once again I stand tearfully praising Him for His faithfulness! HE IS FAITHFUL ALWAYS!!!

No comments: