Sunday, March 04, 2007

An Unintentional Sabbatical...

Unfortunately as I look at the date of the last post I am feeling definite feelings of "slackage" on this blog. I love to write, it's soothing to this heart, and more than that I love to keep you informed of the cool things God is constantly doing in my life and in this ministry. It's just that He's at it again, you know that beyond what you could ask or imagine deal, and with it has come all sorts of "busyness." Great things, wonderful things, but in the midst of it something had to go and unfortunately this became one of those "somethings." Please forgive me and know that I will attempt to be diligent about doing better and not waiting quite so long before the next post.


Things here are going very well. The boys started school a few weeks ago. So Yovani and Marvin are in first grade and Mario is in kinder. You should have seen them strutting their little proud selves up to the school on the first day in their uniforms. I volunteered to be the walk them to school girl and we've had some neat moments in that time...(way too early in the morning, but way too special to miss.) The other day I came home and Yovani had made me a card that somewhere in the middle said, "thanks for walking us to school everyday." Are you kidding me??? I would walk a million miles knowing it means that much to you. Here's a little pic of them on the first day of school.
We have started attempting to become more active in the community as well and Dorian has been a huge help with that. Starting this week we will begin a bible hour for the kids of the community on Wednesday afternoon's. He will begin teaching English classes for the children in the school a couple days a week and for the adults on Saturday mornings. We have begun working with the mayor in an effort to collaborate to help meet the needs of the community. That has been a neat experience, to see so many people in need and pray about how we could resource to help. God is so incredibly faithful and has blessed us soooo much and it's neat to watch the way He brings people to us at just the right moments to help in a given situation.
Today we got to take the kids to the ocean in Chuloteca. What a treat??!! The church rented two school buses and we took probably 100 people to the beach. It was a great trip. Most of the people I talked to had never seen the ocean before, so this was a once in a lifetime experience for many of them. It was so telling about the creativity of God as I sat today in the ocean and looked out across the water and saw these HUGE mountains on the other side. Awesome!! It was a beautiful day. The white girls got scorched and the brown people we love dearly huddled all together underneath the little "hut" looking deal to try to stay out of the sun. :) Our kiddo's LOVED the water. Have a feeling they're going to be little fish. Was way fun to watch them walk off the bus and see the water and look at their huge eyes and hear their comments like "look mami there is sooooo much water" or "WOW" or "look marvin, let's GO" it was a blast...and I remembered to marvel at the marvelous today through their little eyes. Thanks again God for the reminder.
I'll write again soon!! Until then, may God bless you beyond all you could ask or imagine.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I love these boys..look at them with their little backpacks!!!! I just love and am so excited for them!!!

Anonymous said...

oh Jen! I cant not WAIT to be there!! Those kids are just precious!~R