Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Adios Mi Amigos...

Well the team left on Sunday and I've just now gotten my head and my life back together enough to sit down and type just a few comments about some of that. What an incredible week we had together. I have worked with several teams by now and never before was the battle of good and evil more apparent than it was this week. It seemed so blatantly obvious that everything we desperately wanted to do for God's glory Satan was attempting to attack. Wanted us to be fearful of the bus rides after 2 how shall we say it, fender benders. Made situations look hopeless in the off chance that we'd give up and be defeated. It was just so obvious that he was on the lookout for ways that he could thwart what God had planned for good. I don't know about you, but that just kinda added fuel to my fire. Certainly didn't make things easier or less stressful, but made me a whole lot more passionate about perservering.

May I just say to you dear ones that I've had the privilege of working beside for the past week and a half that you walked in a manner worthy of the calling. I saw within you servant hearts and beautiful spirits bent upon reaching out and touching and growing and changing while you were here. You encouraged me in ways you probably have no idea.

A few moments will always stick out to me from this trip...

Vicki, Debbie, and Rachel in the backseat of the truck after they'd spent the day with the San Miguel kids with tears streaming down their faces. I was reminded of some very important things through your tears and was refreshed by the way people are touched by the children here after one short day.

Karen and Devin, you moved into Marvin's heart and took up residence. He loves and adores you both and it's so funny because God makes that happen and people have come and loved Marvin, but he hadn't become anyone's "boy" (of course aside from us) until you came. Now he's yours. We're grateful to share him.

Papi Pelon (aka Tio Jeff) I wish you could know how touched I am when I watch you with Francisco. Most guys your age are way too cool to come for a summer fall in love with a little guy and miss him everyday thereafter. He loves you so much and if I could have picked a guy that I hope he models life after, I would have made the same choice he did. :) I love you brother!!

Miss Jessica, your heart just touched mine so much this time. I watched you become so soft to so many things over the past year and then watched it manifest itself on this trip. Yovani wanting to sleep in your bed and you being so gracious with the kiddo's. Your encouragment to me and offering to help raise our support. I just saw so much Jesus in that heart.

John and Ashley, you made the dynamic of the team so much richer, by your servant hearts, and your hearts for God. You were so kind and jumped in wherever whenever and you just made yourselves a part of us and we were delighted to have you with us.

Lauren, I don't think there was a day when you didn't say hello and ask me how I was. Your attentiveness to the people around you was kindness exemplified. Thank you for caring how we all were and taking the time to talk to each of us and wanting to learn about who we were as people.

That's enough for tonight. I'll write some more tomorrow. So many sweet memories and special people. It's worth stringing out for a few days!! :)

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

1 comment:

Devon Burnfield said...

Hey Jen it was awesome to be able to come spend the week with all of you guys! I miss you all more than you know.. I hope that we will be able to come before next spring, because you and Karen and Dorain are just some amazing people! My life is forever changed, all through "your servant heart" and coming to help those in need and by watching God at work that is amazing.. Tell everyone I said Hello!!
Devon