Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sometimes I Wonder...

how I could ever tell you with my limited vocabulary what a HUGE blessing it has been to have this group here. For the first several days my raw emotions leaked right out my eyeballs as I watched them serve and got my hug tank filled back up and just got to be a part of "community" again. I have learned so much about that word from them. I've learned what my heart believes it is and what my heart believes it isn't.

Sacred are the places where your heart can be real, expose the warts of the soul, and know you'll be loved afterwards. Precious and few are the relationships where your heart can look into another and see reflected back at you, a sincere belief in all you are to become because of the love of Christ.

It's true as my friend Linda so tenderly said, Jen I know it gets dry and can be pretty arid on the mission field. So incredibly true.

But with these sweet people, some of them old friends, some of them sweet hearted servants I just met when they stepped off the plane, God has provided streams of living water for some thirsty hearts.

Don't forget he uses you and I to be what others need. You are the answer to someone's prayer today...their prayer for hope, their prayer for encouragment, their prayer for a different way to live.

My heart is praying today we'll each live like the answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that no one takes the time to leave some comments on this stuff. Anyway, keep up the good work. Your oasis of groups coming through is just around the corner. :)

Now, whether I'll be coming to help "fill the love bucket" is still to be determined. Stay tuned. ;)