Sunday, May 28, 2006

Is That Possible?

A few hours ago I looked at the calendar and the thought occured to me that I have been here for 7 months today. Unbelievable!! I haven't been counting the months and so they sort of slipped away from me I think. Some days it seems like I came here just weeks ago, and other days it feels like at least a year.

It's funny isn't it how time just keeps on trucking and packed within every single day are a thousand lessons to learn if we're just open and looking for them.

This has been one of the most jam packed with opportunites to learn times in my life. I was telling someone the other day this has been the best and the worst few months of my life. Best because I have gotten to see and experience and learn so many things. Worst because to do that I have had to be part of some difficult things. Learning usually happens that way huh??!! I seldom learn as much on top of those mountain times with God as I do when the road is marked with some tough spots and pain. I tend to seek Him more then. I need Him more then. I remember that I am inadequate and unable then.

So many things have happened in 7 months. I've gone through some language training and wonder of all wonders learned a few words in Spanish. :) We have watched as literally a few concrete blocks turned into this beautiful home that children would live in. I have been able to watch as people sacrificed in humble me to my knees kind of ways to be a part of this ministry. We got out paintbrushes and I have NO idea how many gallons of paint and went to town on these walls and the inside turned into a bright cheery place to be. A container pulled in with donations from so many people to furnish this home and when they got put into place I got huge tears in my eyes as it began to look like home. We have made friendships with some wonderful people that will be part of my heart forever now. We have adopted Honduran families and invested in their lives and on and on the list could go.

You know most buildings and most ministries don't get to begin in 7 or 8 months time. As impatient as we sometimes can become in some of this, God has blessed it beyond words and it has only just begun. I can't wait to write and tell you about what the kids think when they walk in and see it.

Oh glorybumps. Hmmm 7 months crazy!!

No comments: