Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Poop Mud Adventure...


OK so first things first...rainy season has begun in Honduras and here are just a few signs. Yes this is our floor and yes these are our pans on our floor...and yes there is a reason. Casa has never been through a rainy season in Honduras yet, so we're still working the kinks out and well there a few holes in the roof so yeah...pans on the floor!! But wait it gets better!!!

















Ok so tonight...we walk outside to check on the rain situation and in front of the house it is minutes from flooding in the front door. So about oh 9 oclock Anita and Pablo and I are setting out on a poop mud adventure. This picture is after most of the water had drained due to our trench digging abilities or God's goodness one or the other. :) There was water EVERYWHERE!!! When we first walked out and I stood in the water it came up high on my calf in a few places not too far from the front door. It was crazy. So we dug it out and hopefully caused it to drain for the rest of tonight until we can get some drainage pipe solution in the next few days.

You know it's funny cause I griped and I whined around some about all these water problems the past few days, AND THEY ARE FRUSTRATING undoubtedly, but somewhere in the whole adventure tonight I realized that I'd go in in a few minutes and take a shower and I'd be clean. That I'd lay down in a nice dry warm bed tonight with clean covers and I'd rest well. I thought about how many people in this country tonight do not have the same privilege. They'll take baths in water that's full of feces. They'll not have a bed, they'll sleep in the poop mud. They will have water running through their homes not just in front of it. I guess sometimes all it takes is a little perspective.

I'm off to my clean warm bed right now praying for all those who don't have that luxury and wondering why me?! Lord continue to help us learn please regardless of how crummy it feels sometimes.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I wish I was there!

Jeff said...

Wow... now I really can't wait to get there. ;)