Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Arms of Love...

So in Tio Jeff's absence, I became runner up to tucking in this little feller and what sweet time that has been. He just is a delight truly with this little grin and sweet little voice and it touches these places in your heart that are reserved for right and good. He is awesome, so every night we lay down and he gets his little body up just as close to me as he possibly can and he snuggles his little head into the crook of my one of my arms and then he takes my other arm and puts it over his little body so I'm hugging him. Dare I move my arm, he reaches up and places it back around him again. If I'm not hugging quite tight enough he pushes my hand out so my hug is tight against his little body. It's the cutest thing.

And here we go as happens to me often, I thought hmmm wonder if this is something like what God was talking about when He said, love like little children, be like them. Francisco wants my arm around him as he's falling asleep to feel safe and loved. I want to live like that with God. He doesn't ever move His arm, but when I feel like the hug isn't quite tight enough because I've scooted away I want to reach back up there grab His holy arm and tighten it around this heart. Want to be as close to Him as I can get. Just want to rest there.

Was talking to Cara, a dear friend of mine last night and was describing this journey with 5 little guys to her and I said you know they are just so pure and innocent. Their prayers are simple and yet profoundly precious and they just remind me of the purity of this loving God stuff so often. They live it the way we would if we wouldn't have grown up and got civilized and started to think we had to do it all "right." I like the reminder that it's never been about that.

The other night Kelsey and I were tucking the boys in and the room was quiet and we had just finished praying with the boys and all of a sudden in the quiet Mario throws his hand up in the air and shouts "En la sangria de Cristo me libro" which means by the blood of Christ I'm free. I thought we were going to pee our pants laughing, but over the past few days I have thought of that a thousand times. Sometimes I want to be that uninhibited, and just scream and get excited, even when it's out of place and makes no sense to anyone else. Sometimes I want my prayers to be as simple as "and God watch over the people I love and thank you that I got to play ALOT today, " without worrying about the right words or the correct way to say what's in there.

I'm just loving the God pictures there are all throughout this journey with them. Out of the mouths and lives of babes. :)

1 comment:

kdv4jc said...

Oh how I wish I could be there! I am missing out on a lot. And oh Fransico, how precious. I miss all of their little kisses and suggles. Give them all lots of loving for me and let them know I miss them and can't wait to see their sweet faces.