Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day 6...

Well it's official as of about 2 pm this afternoon, I am a resident of Honduras. Crazy!!

It's so funny how God works out the course of your life isn't it. Growing up I thought missionaries were some weird people who never had any fun and wore long skirts all the time wore their hair in a bun always and slept in tents somewhere. Ok maybe a slight exaggeration but not far off, but I did not grow up with some very holy desire to be a missionary in a foreign country somewhere. As a matter of fact I walked some other roads that probably if anything disqualified me from being worthy to be here. It's just that God never works like that, have you noticed? He says you, yeah you, I want you...and you can deny Him all you want but you'll never have a moments true peace until You walk in His will His way.

So here I am, residing in Honduras. Living as a foreign missionary and knowing with peace in my heart that this is His plan for my life for such a time as this. Feels good, to live in the knowing of that!

Here is today's day of praise...

I magnify You, my God, for Your absolute purity, holiness, and justice as the Judge to whom all people must give account. I praise You that Your fairness is intertwined with everything You do...that when the time is ripe You will end all sin and injustice, all corruption, all immorality...that You will right all wrongs and reward all loving service and suffering for Your sake.

Thank You that Your Son will return from heaven with a shout of triumph, that the dead in Christ will be raised imperishable...and in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, we shall all be utterly changed. We shall see the radiance of His face and the glorious majesty of His power. It will be a breathtaking wonder and splendor unimaginable to all who believe! Thank You that "whatever we may have to go through now is less than nothing compared with the magnificent future" You have planned for us.

What a joy it is to know that the government will be on Christ's shoulders, and that there will be no end to the increase of His government and peace...that His kingdom will be established with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom...a kingdom that cannot be shaken. You will never be voted out; no coup will ever dethrone You. For all eternity You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. To You be the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen!

(31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers)

2 comments:

Kay Grose said...

I can only say "Amen" to sweet sis-ta, Mary Ann's true words. Just remember, your residency is dual now cause you always have a home at the Grose abode...loving you, Momma Grose

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I love reading your prayers of praise. You have such a gift. Your nephew is the lucky one to have such an aunt as you. I am praying for you and your projects.

Jan