Monday, November 21, 2005

The Captured Heart

We took a few days off of internet world, but we're back again now so hola amigos...

Today just want to share with you a lesson that has completely altered my walk with God. It's made my relationship with Him seem so much more like a love relationship as opposed to a stern, stiff, distant superior/inferior, point His finger, watch with eagles eye for my mistakes, want to send me to hell sort of bound obligatory relationship. I love Him now because I want to because I can't help it, because He pursues my heart and draws it near.

Over the past few years God has been relentless in showing me how much He loves me. He's done it in dozens of different ways, but one of the most precious ways He has revealed Himself to me is by allowing me the privilege of being an "apprentice of faith." He has allowed me to be a "Timothy" and provided a "Paul" to help grow me up in the Lord. It has been an undeserved blessing.

One of the most compelling messages she shares and one she has chosen to build her life and a ministry around is the idea of a captured heart. Not just that my heart has been captured by a God that would look down see my hopelessness, helplenessness and complete unworthiness and send His Son to take care of all my hope, help, and worth. Not just that I am forever captured at heart by a God who would hunt me down and relentlessly love me into His arms. Not only that my heart would have no choice but to be held captive to a love that compares to no other and has the potential to fill every single empty place within my heart. As if that were not enough, add to it this beautiful idea that this life, this heart, this girl has captured the heart of Almighty God. That we have captured HIS heart. That his entire heart is wrapped up in loving us. That He would not only be a God who is just and righteous and perfectly holy, but that He would be a God who delights in us, rejoices over us with singing, calls us the apple of His eye. We have captured His heart. What an awesome thought.

As I have started framing my life and my heart around that thought it has made all the difference in how I view my relationship with Him. I don't come needing to earn His love, I have it. I don't have to do all the right things or be all right, I simply come just as I am and admit that I love and need Him again today and He wraps me up in His love and leads me through.

If I've learned this lesson anywhere I've learned it from a life that I've watched live it. I will cheerlead for this ministry for the rest of my days because it is as genuine behind the scenes as it is in front of hundreds of eyeballs. She didn't come to this conclusion easily either I know, but through a multitude of lessons and hundreds of hours of sitting at the feet of Jesus. She is absolutely committed to believing and helping others believe they have captured the heart of God. It really does change the way you think.

I have been so blessed both by hearing and watching all this in action. I leave you with a link to the website that was recently begun by a lady I so admire based upon this concept. As much as I am convinced of anything I know that I know that her words and her heart will bless you beyond my ability to say so. Check it out.

www.capturedheartministries.com

Be blessed!!

No comments: