Monday, March 20, 2006

So True...

Am reading a book right now called "Outrageous Love" by Sheila Walsh and there was a sentence in it that I read last night before bed that is still swarming around in my brain tonight. It said, "Theological discussions provide a real great way to hide from a face to face encounter with the living God."

I am certainly a fan of being well read and well educated, of thinking and being challenged by scripture. I have been sharpened most by some of those discussions with people who are wise and offer great insight into so many spiritual things, so I am not condemning theological discussions by any means.

Just wonder if sometimes it isn´t so much easier to have a head conversation than to have a heart experience. Want more of the real deal. Want to be open to it. Want to be ready for it, to embrace it. If he wants to meet face to face I just don´t want my head to get in the way of my heart anymore. Just want to let Him be God and show up and remember that I am on my face before Him.

I want face to face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree with this it would take a novel! So here's a synopsis...This has been a topic on my mind a lot lately too. Most of my application of this is with people I encounter that are not what some often refer to as "active believers", they just kinda believe there is a God, but little more, and argue theology (or attempt) to defend their lack of faith, they completely miss the point! Though I too have been feeling a little dry lately, I crave those heart experiences, too often many miss out by focusing so much on the "head conversations" (I like that term). Good one Jen, can't wait to see you guys, I hope we can find some moisture soon for these dry moments, but it helps to know I'm not the only one! Tell Joe I said to hang in there!
~Jaime