Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hmmmm

Well it's been forever since I've posted something on here and I apologize for that. I think every person who enjoys writing, or at least finds some benefit in throwing down some ideas perhaps for the chief reason of sorting out their own thoughts finds moments when there's just a lull. It's not that I haven't been subjected to some really beautiful things lately. I certainly have.

I spent the weekend in Ft. Lauderdale with some people I adore. We went to a Women of Faith Conference and it was refreshing to some thirsty places in this heart. It's funny, I've been to so many of those, probably 8 or so by now and I love them. I always leave challenged, filled up, renewed, refreshed, and grateful to be God's girl. But this trip was different. Maybe my heart was just different. We walked in and sat down and from the first song that we sang my emotions were completely raw. I watched 16,000 women file into this convention center where for the next 3 days the chief goal would be to go deeper with God and I thought about how honored God must be to watch all of those girls bring their hearts to Him. I think I cried tears of joy with Him. Every lyric to every song felt like it meant more. Sitting beside people I love and praising God felt richer and I was reminded that you sometimes have to do without some things before you realize how to appreciate them. Let´s just say I´m learning...I´m learning how much I took for granted in a thousand ways. Thank You Lord for being patient and teaching me.

Yesterday my friend Brett came in to town to scout for a trip he´s taking in May. He is the hubby of one of my best friends from college and so we go back several years. He´s such a good guy and it was good to see him. Daisy one of the ladies who works for us is way connected to Brett and Jude and her kids adore them. So yesterday when I was on my way to pick him up from the airport I asked them if they´d like to come along. A field trip with a Honduran family is seriously more fun than most things I´ve ever done. They don´t experience the city much, never see the airplanes, you know all of those things. They were bouncing off the walls all the way to town and even the oldest boy who tries to be cool a lot you know that stage, this 13 year old kid that I just think is good stuff was sitting in the back seat on his knees watching out the front window talking all the way to town. Didn´t want to miss a minute of it. There are times when in the middle of life God reminds you, ¨Jen pay attention, this is the good stuff.¨ It was one of those days. We went to Pizza Hut for lunch and had the grande sundaes afterwards and they ate the whole doggone thing. It was GREAT!!! And when Brett came off that plane there was this momma and her three boys jumping up and down so excited to see this gringo that they love! I´ll never buy the line that short term mission trips can´t do much good. If you ask this family (whose background I don´t have time to tell at the moment) if their life has been changed every single one of them would say yes. The oldest boy was so near being in a gang and going completely in the wrong direction and he truly is one of my favorite people to be around now. Kind and polite and a smile that will melt your heart as you think about the goodness of God. Brett and Jude have had a HUGE part to play in that and it was precious stuff to watch them hug and hang out yesterday. Totally like God to merge two cultures, mesh lots of hearts and make something beautiful out of all of that. Good stuff!!! We all miss ya Jude.

Today I´ll be staying in Santa Ana for the first time since we´ve been here in my new house. I´m excited about that. I´m ready to have a ¨nest.¨ My bed is there waiting for me to sleep in it, you know all those kind of things. So pray for this next transition and all that comes with it.

Much love to you all and a prayer for blessings beyond your wildest imagination!

No comments: