Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Year Ago Today...

Well almost exactly a year ago to the hour we were gathering at the church building about to embark on one of the VERY best journeys of my entire life. It's the one year anniversary today of something very precious in my world.

I fell in love with this country two summers ago when I came on a three week trip and my world got rocked to say the least. I saw things and felt things I didn't know how to express clearly to anyone but couldn't keep to myself either. So in the course of conversation I shared with people near and dear to my heart pictures and stories of these precious people in this precious land very inadequately but God did something absolutely amazing and touched the hearts of people one by one and by the time He brought His plan to fruition a team of 34 was formed to come to this land.

I thought that my tear ducts got yanked when I came to this country for the first time, but I had NO idea how hard they would get tugged when I got to watch people I love experience it for the first time. It will forever go down in my memories as one of the most sacred privileges of my entire life.

Is God cool or what because He's at it again??!!! These sweet people that I love a bunch went back with their pictures and stories and inadequately shared in the best way they knew how and God has tugged on some other peoples heart strings and they are getting to bring people they love with them to experience this for the first time. My words of wisdom for them is ... Bring your Kleenex's. There is something so incredibly precious about watching people whose hearts you know well bend down for the first time to touch a child's dirty cheek, or hold a hurting mothers hand while they prayed for her sick child, or hold a hammer and sweat themselves silly to build a house for a family who didn't have one earlier that day. Those are once in a lifetime firsts that are meant to be savored in deep places in your heart.

So in 16 sleeps some of my favorite people on the universe will be coming again to this country and they'll attempt once again to be Jesus' hands and feet in the lives of God's people living in this land and they'll be thankful for the privilege to once again go in His name.

We cannot wait to see them coming and would just ask that you keep them in your prayers as they plan in the last few days before they depart. Pray for safe travel and good health while they're here and a thousand other things that are important, but above all else please pray that God will be glorified...that by the things we do while they are in this country for 2 weeks that He will be made more recognizable in a hurting world!!

No comments: