Monday, January 08, 2007

AND ME...

So imagine 10 little people all sitting around the table waiting for their meal to begin and every single one of them wants to say the prayer, we are to the point now where we have said it before every meal enough times that they have the hang of it and they all want to play a part, which I love. So every meal we choose one of them and ask them to say the prayer for that meal. They bow their little heads and put their little hands together and on a good day they're quiet. :)

It has now become standard procedure to make sure that whoever is praying prays for everyone in the house (also a practice that I am glad to adopt) and love it that they're starting to pray for and love each other and treat each other like family (also happens on the good days). :) Anyway, so whoever is praying starts going through the names and in this precious little 3 year old voice after every single name until he hears his own, Francisco says "and me", and another name is said, "and me" until he hears his own name and then he stops. Just reminding the one saying the prayer that he doesn't want to be forgotten.

One day I was so tempted to stop him and tell him that wasn't respectful during a prayer but it's so doggone cute I just can't. And I thought about how sweet it is that it matters to him that his name gets mentioned to God. Now I know in his 3 year old little mind, he's not thinking abstract at all and so he really probably just doesn't want to get left out...but...I've thought often over the past couple of weeks how I want to be like that in some ways. Am doing a Beth Moore study right now called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things and she says in there if you don't have some prayer warriors that you know pray for you daily, you need to recruit some because we are in a time when we desperately need to battle for one another.

So I think about Francisco's sweet little voice now and I think "AND ME" oh yes dear ones, please pray for me, please mention me to Father every time my name comes to mind, cause I need Him that much, I want His protection that desperately, I am nothing without Him. "AND ME" please keep praying for me.

Oh the lessons I learn from these sweet little hearts. Keep me soft Lord, please, so that not one passes that I should take notice of. You are way kind, you're just way kind!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great message from those kiddos...I love little franciso!!

-Kelsey

Lori said...

how tight can that little guy grab your heart!!!! Sure so miss you guys!