Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Years Resolutions...

You know I am usually a firm believer that New Years Resolutions are stupid, ok maybe that's a little harsh, but you know what I'm saying, we begin fresh (great concept I'm with that part) and we set these goals (that we tend to know are unreasonable) and then within a few weeks of feeling busy and stressed again our resolve that we began the new year with crumbles and we have given up our new years resolutions again until next year. Ok well at least that's been my history.

It's just that I can't quite seem to let them go this year. I guess perhaps because I know that even if they somehow get broken somewhere along the way, it is good for me to review the past year and think about what I'd like to do differently this year, especially in my walk with God. It's a good time to reflect and review I guess in attempting to look forward. I always see merit in that.

So I suppose instead of giving them up all together, perhaps I'll just change the way I do them. Instead of making a list of 20 things, like I usually do, I'll choose 3-5 that really mean something to my heart, that I feel passionately about and I'll stick to those. I'll not set unreasonable goals that sound super spiritual but will end up making me feel like a failure, because they were way lofty. I'll spend some time in prayer asking God what these should be, the things I vow to stick to this year and what needs some dedication from His view point.

SO maybe this year they're not even new years resolutions, they're just goals set with God. I like that a WHOLE lot better anyway.

I'll let you know if I come up with any good ones!! :)

2 comments:

Kay Grose said...

I think you already have!
See you in 6 more sleeps!!!!!!!
Lovingly, Momma Grose

JSM said...

Goals you set with God and more better to me too...!
Last year I gave up R rated movies, and this year Brett and I have decided to read the Bible together every day.