Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just spent an hour with one of my favorite people on the face of the planet having a warm beverage and great fellowship...we sat in this cozy new place in town called The Awakening Cafe. Started by a Christian couple in the middle of downtown Parkersburg - am sitting here just imagining how it will become a hub of activity that will reflect Jesus. I'm excited to hear about their journey.

I have watched several of my homeless friends walk by the window and somehow it has been a welcome reminder that this life that we live doesn't always fit in a box that surrounds our put together life. We exist in the same space on this planet, all of us given our lives by God, and all of us with an invite to join His perfection again someday when our time here is over. Equal ground and yet such vastly different experiences...

It's raining, pretty heavily, and I'm watching out my window as an entire street has been blocked off for the funeral of an elected official for the state and many people are headed down the street with their umbrellas and spiffy clothes to pay their respects and I can't help but feel the sense of tension that planet earth experiences by it's inhabitants...

God meet us here in this ever present dichotomy that will always be present on the planet and show us how to usher in Your kingdom and it's principles...help us to elevate the right things...help us to stand up and be counted as we accept your invitation to bear witness to a God who redeems...all of it...any of it...

and Lord will you please be with my friends in the rain today...oh Lord forgive me for assuming that because they're out there that evidently You need me to ask You to be with them as though you're absent, forgive the times that we buy into this thinking that you are with those of us who "have" - as we measure the "have's" and "have not's" by all the wrong stuff sometimes I'm sure - so Lord let me rephrase my sentiments...God thank You for being with my friends in the rain today...

teach me Lord, please continue to keep teaching me - teach us - and would you pleas help us to be what you paid for - the remnant of your body living and breathing in a world that needs You.

No comments: