Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ran across a quote the other day that has stuck with me for days...it's not that it's that deep necessarily, it's just that it's that true, and perhaps convicting...

It said, "authenticity always has an audience." Thought about how true that has been in my own life. I watched long and hard for lives that I knew somewhere within me were real and when I found them, I intently studied what made their faith look that way.

People are watching and way more than they want to know our doctrinal statements, our theology, our rhetoric, our ___________ (fill in the blank about what it becomes so much of the time)...way more than that they want to see that we mean what we say when we talk about Jesus.

If we ever want them to fall in love with this Jesus we proclaim, then it will have to be doused in an authentic pursuit of Him. They don't so much care if we're messy, they just want to know that we're real.

I'm challenged by that today...

No comments: