Saturday, March 28, 2009

Well the time has come to start loading up those doggone suitcases again...

Am headed back to Hondo early tomorrow morning. The feeling remains the same. I miss that place like crazy when I'm here, but when it's time to go my heart divides itself into two pieces once again.

I have ABSOLUTELY loved getting to be here to be an aunt and snuggle that little sweet thing about to death. I have gotten to watch my nephew play basketball now (and as a sidebar may I just say he is stinking good and I am proud as punch). Carley has once again melted my heart in her sweet little voice saying, "I wuv you Jennay." It's one of those things you want to store in some really sweet place in your heart forever. I've hung out with my grannie's and just sat at my house a lot this trip so I could spend time with my family. I have LOVED that!!

I really felt like I was supposed to come home this time to be an aunt and a daughter and a friend and that has been good for my heart. I don't do well guarding my time while I'm here because I feel an urgency to fundraise and speak up for the folks I love over there and to be "productive" with the little time that I have to be in the States. Really felt God telling me this time though to work while everyone was at school and work during the day and to try to guard my other moments. I spoke at one church while I was home and did a few other little things, but mostly my evenings and my weekends have been spent with people I love just doing life together for a bit.

So please pray as I head back tomorrow. I can't wait to see my kiddo's there either and go back to doing life with my Hondo "family." I know that I am so blessed to get to love people soooooo much in both places. I'm grateful for that.

We have two teams coming in the next few weeks, so your prayers for that would be appreciated. As a matter of fact from the 10th - 19th of April this blog will be updated regularly throughout the week with posts about what's happening during the Belpre Teams mission week. Momma Grose will be writing those and you won't want to miss them.

We also are going to stream our devo's this year so that you can be a part of those if you would like to. We will have more details about that coming VERY soon!!

Thanks for hanging in there with us through the various seasons of this ministry, this life, this blog, etc. I am committed to doing better sharing all of that with you through this blog again. Pray that I will be more disciplined in finding time to do some of the necessary things that get pushed away by the urgent.

My new goal is to order my life better...we'll see how that goes! :)

No comments: