Monday, September 12, 2005

He's Faithful

I realize for those of you who are faithful to check this, thank you...I've been a little hit or miss with this blogging thing the past couple of weeks. It's just one of those times when I haven't felt the need to write much, I'm not sure why. It's not that there aren't a thousand things going on in life and my heart and all of that just didn't take the time to put them all down on the screen.

Went on a retreat this weekend with my gals that I do bible study with weekly and it was really sacred time spent together. I wouldn't trade it for lots of money. Not all of us got to go, but most of us did, and God was way kind to give us special memories for forever. I've never been part of a community before where our Spirits just experienced such a unity and completeness when we are all together. It's amazing and I love it so very much!

One of the people who has taught me most about prayer and faith and a relationship with Jesus and so much that goes along with that had a really difficult week last week and I've got to be honest it rocked my world a little bit. It was like you saw this spiritual giant with pain and fear and there was this utter realization that none of us escape. Her relationship with God is one that makes most of us envious as she just lives way near Him and enjoys Him as much as a kid enjoys candy. She delights in Him truly. Even though all of that is true, she doesn't escape the trials of life and it seems in some ways like she ought to. Do you ever feel that way? You look on at what someone is going through and think they should not have to endure that, they're doing all the right things, what is going on here?? So we prayed and we prayed and we prayed and God answered. Here's what I learned...no we don't escape, we can do all the "right" things and pursue God with reckless abandon and there will still be days when it feels like a storm. There will still be days when the giants in the kingdom will feel like David with his sling attempting to kill the giant instead of be one. In those moments we'll have to trust what we know and run to safe harbor instead of relying on what we feel. I learned that because of her intimate deep relationship with Christ she doesn't expect to escape hard times she trusts the God she knows to be faithful in the middle of them. Once again I learn a books worth of lessons from watching her life.

One other thought tonight and I'm headed to bed...I'm reading a really challenging book right now called Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. It has been such a great read and caused me to think deeply about some things we've always just trusted to be so. I would love for some of the rest of you to read this and share your thoughts. It's a great discussion book. Prepare to be challenged, strengthened, wrestled with, and taken deeper.

May the God who is faithful reveal Himself more fully to each of us. Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.