Saturday, September 24, 2005

I LOVE TUPELO!!!!!

What a blessing the past few days have been. It was a road trip extreme but every last mile traveled was one well worth it.

I watched this small church of about 125 members do amazing things. We took the 15 passenger church van, removed the seats and turned it into a cargo van and it was packed completely full of things these sweet people had donated to send to the children in Honduras. We got a playpen and children's clothes, and a changing table, and stuffed animals galore, and it was touching to say the least. Not touching because of the "stuff" but because of the labor of love behind it from this small group of God's people determined to make a difference.

Reminded me so much of the verse in James where he talks about showing your faith by your works, that faith without works is dead and useless. I've fought both sides of that verse...that faith requires works, that faith isn't about works and earning it and I've decided at the moment that this is where my heart rests. When I truly come into contact with the love of Jesus and I begin to get to know Him through a relationship, my life will not be void of works because loving like Jesus is contagious, it's infectious, it's right. When we really grab hold of that great things will happen.

Thank you my brothers and sisters in Tupelo MS for what you are offering to the kingdom of God as you love like Jesus. Some beautiful little brown eyed children will be so blessed by your labor of love. You were a tremendous blessing to me! Thank you.

No comments: