Sunday, January 01, 2006

Headed Back to Hondo

Well it's been a great week getting to love and be loved on by friends and family at home. It was great to worship beside them and get to share about all God has been doing in Honduras and just touch base with those people who are so incredibly faithful to pray and encourage and support this calling to be in Honduras. Heard someone say a while ago that some people in your life could be called your "balcony people." Those are the people who will sit in the balcony, cheer you on, and bid you higher in your flight. Definitely spent some time around some of those people in my world this week and it felt WAY good. So thank you to each of you.

Will be in Honduras, Lord willing by noon-ish tomorrow and then it's back to the privilege of preparing for this children's home and the children who will soon be in it. Please continue to pray for all that must be accomplished for that to happen and for the rest of the money to come in so that we can operate for the first few months with some money in the account. God is good and we trust and wait for His timing.

Spent some time over the break with a very good friend who challenges me in really terrific ways...she sent an email after I left that had some words that I feel like were written by the Spirit's leading and I share them with you here... "I'd rather walk out my dream, and experience hardship, than to remain comfortable and never experience living the dream. I'd rather scrape by and do what I'm meant to do, and have a passion for doing, than to experience luxury and live a life of feeling like a failure."

I share that to say to all of us...Dream Big and Keep on Keeping On!! Better always to be a part of living out His dream than to sit back and let someone else live it for us! Enter in...His dreams for you are terrific!!

No comments: