Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We finished up our night tonight on this birthday fiesta day taking Dilcia, the lady who worked for Tim and Gena, and who will now work with us in Santa Ana out for her birthday. It was delightful!!! They are the sweetest little family. From left to right this is Oscar, Fabiola, Alex, and Dilcia. We asked where they would like to go to eat, never knowing that the only two restaurants they had ever been to in the city were Campero's and McDonald's. They had no idea where they wanted to go. We suggested Pizza first but the adorable little guy doesn't like Pizza, so we suggested Tony Roma's hamburguesas after that and they were a BIG HIT!!! So Karen and Fabiola and Jen and Katie and I all sat around a table with these sweet folks and just had fun visiting and getting to know her precious family. The kids were so incredibly polite and intelligent and were just sweet stuff. When it came time for the birthday cake the gang came out from the back brought a piece of brownie Sunday for all of us to share and sang to her. Her kids were clapping and so excited with the cake and the candle lit it was so cute. Then when the song was over and Dilcia lifted her head there were tears in her eyes. She told us that in 31 years she had only celebrated her birthday twice and that she felt so special.

Ok God I get it again...humbled!!! It took two hours out of our day to bring tears to another person's eyes because they felt treasured and like they mattered. Two piddly hours!! Once again I am reminded that life is always always more fun when I attempt to make other people feel special, when I lose sight of me in an effort to see someone else better, and when I attempt with all that is in me to love people the way God does!!

It's been a GREAT day!! Today God was faithful to be patient enough to teach me more and I pray I was obedient enough to listen well...thank You Father for loving me the way that You do! Help me to learn how to love like that! Posted by Picasa

No comments: