Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Little Boy Hugs...

Think God knew how badly I was gonna miss my nephews while I was away and so in order to keep my little boy hug tank full he brought some other sweet little guys into my world. We went out to Santa Ana for just a few minutes today due to some other Honduran complications but when we arrived I got the sweetest welcome.

Hadn't seen them for 12 days or so and after working with them all day everyday for a few weeks our hearts got pretty attached and so today when they heard our voices and saw me standing up there, Eduardo came running full speed up the hill and in his trying to be a big guy most of the time self wrapped his arms around me and hugged and held on for a minute or two. It was just sweet. Then Dennis and Cristian followed close behind with their hugs and kisses and I was reminded that when God asks you to give something up even if for a time he always puts something in it's place. While their hugs will never be just the same, they are a sweet reminder of God's faithfulness.

The families are in the Cucuoy houses now and so it will be fun over the next couple of weeks to get to meet our neighbors. Please pray that God will work through us and will use all the different pieces of the puzzle on the property for his glory and honor above all other things.

Am headed to bed for the night, pillowing my head remembering that a children's home is being built and in the grand scheme of things that's my purpose in being here, but along the way there are some very sweet blessings of getting to invest in other people's lives and feel their life and their love touching mine. So grateful tonight for three little boys that I didn't realize I loved as much as I did until I saw their faces today and realized how much I missed them.

Is God cool or what???!!!

No comments: