Monday, June 26, 2006

ALONE...

Don't know if there's a time when I relate any more to Jesus than times when I just feel helplessly alone...when it appears that no one "really" understands, when it feels as though you're standing on one side of camp and most if not everyone is on another, when you'd give anything to be understood at the hearts core...almost sometimes as if I can see Him there in those moments in Gethsemane praying with sweat drops of blood for any other way as He begged some of his nearest and dearest to stand beside Him and they couldn't stay awake, stay present.

In my own Gethsemane moments of life as I agonize with God over there being "any other way," I remember that I am not alone, that the same guy who sweat drops of blood over what He was called to do then, probably at moments still sweats as He takes these heart wrenching prayers to the Father begging for His will to be done. I think He fully understands that prayer, and while I'll never utter it with the purity and untaintedness of heart that He did, I think He honors the fact that I want to.

Thank you Jesus for walking through Gethsemane and every footstep before and after so that we'd know we are never ever alone in times of trial in our own lives. You are more than enough for me, thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not alone by any stretch of the imagination, Sis. Not only do you have the Master, you have a whole bunch of witnesses wearing out their knees on your behalf. I love you a ton kiddo and am proud of you more than you could ever possibly know. I read this morning in a book "we worship whom we trust, and we trust whom we know."

Keep your eyes UP!!