Sunday, June 25, 2006

Jesus eyes...

Was reading a book the other day, it was a fiction book, but somewhere in there it continued to bring up in several characters the fact that when someone loved Jesus there was something different about their eyes. They have "Jesus eyes." Can't get that out of my head this week, because it's been sort of a difficult week in some ways, and I have seen a few people in my world here show up with their Jesus eyes and Jesus hearts and it has touched me. Didn't need a show. Didn't need any recognition. It showed up in my brother Joe as he showed up and didn't say a word and just hugged me and sat beside me. It showed up in Mark Connell's hand on my shoulder and his words that were from God. It showed up in Lori's kind eyes and no words but her kiss on my cheek. You know sometimes loving on people like Jesus doesn't mean anything extraordinary it just means showing up and being near.

Was sitting yesterday and was reminded again what Jesus looks like. Saw my friend sitting across the room with tears in her eyes and I watched this kind man walk over to her, kneel down beside her and say "you are not alone in this, i am so sorry you have felt so alone for far too long, but you lean on us now, and lean on us hard if you have to, because we support you, you are NOT alone do you hear me?!" Sat across the room and watched and thought yep that's Jesus. He's got "Jesus eyes."

Thanks guys for the reminder to my heart of the beauty of humility and kindness and gentleness and those things that loving Jesus brings about.

Praying for "Jesus eyes" for all of us and a love extended to one another and the world that touches the deepest places.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I couldn't have read this at a better time. Thanks Jen. Your truely amazing and what a woman of God you are! I miss the good talks! Love you, R

Kay Grose said...

Dear One...may you "see" the faces of those of us too far away to touch but whose hearts are ever near. We love you with an always and forever love. Momma Grose

Lori said...

We love you Jen!!!! And we see Jesus in you! So thanks!