Thursday, June 29, 2006




Here are some hands for you to pray over tonight and tomorrow and in the days to come if you would please. Hector is not coming right now, but may come in the future. He is not one of the brothers but another little boy who has a few more difficult problems to address, that we felt a little too wet behind the ears to attempt to address at this point. His eyes stole my heart though and so I'm praying with everything in me that at some point we'll be able to bring him home. The other 4 are the brothers and I'm missing one handprint and one name of the 9 month old. We haven't gotten to meet him yet.

We went to buy "big groceries" tonight and had drop jaw attack when the cashier told us almost 7,000 lempiras which is about $400. I can hear all you veteran momma's laughing thinking oh honey it's only just begun but this is my first "big grocery" experience and I'm telling you what I looked at that cart with cereal and juice and chicken and rice and I mean just full of stuff and I thought about how unbelievably beautiful it is going to be to watch them fill their plate and savor this food. I've been grocery shopping a thousand times, but watching those items go in that cart and knowing that soon they'd be going into little boy bellies was precious stuff.

We have to be at IHNFA at 10 am in the morning and from that point forward our lives have taken a crazy turn into new territory. Casa de Esperanza goes from being a dream to becoming reality and the first I pray of many children who are without a home find one. God is good and we couldn't have done this without so many of you.

We'll post some more pictures after tomorrow. Can't wait for you all to meet these little guys. As for tonight you put your hands on top of these little hands and you beg God to give us wisdom and patience and grace and well a thousand other things we'll need as we get to attempt to be Jesus' hands and feet to these little guys. What a tremendous privilege.

Be blessed!!

3 comments:

Kay Grose said...

BIG grocery shopping...I'm so proud! And they will eat it all and ask for more and joy of joys, you'll be able to give them all they can eat. The mommas on this side of the border are praying for the 2 new mommas on that side of the border...blessings abundant and love unending, momma Grose.

Lori said...

WOW!! My heart is so full of joy for you and Karen. I am overwhelmed with thoughts of what the two you will mean for these boys! Hang on girls..IT IS GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE!!! 4 boys!! Your grocery bill shocks have only just begun!!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God your doors are open...I am so thrilled for you guys! Little boys are so precious! Their huggable snuggle bugs! We are praying for your busy new life! These little fellows will keep your life full of excitement and fill your heart with joy...and you will be such a blessing to them and will be able to share the love of the Lord with them! Many--Many blessing my friend! Paige