Thursday, June 02, 2005

Been a WHILE...

It's been a while since I've posted something on here and I apologize to any of you who are continuing to read this and checking back to see nothing new. That's not the case with my life, each day brings new. I pillow my head tonight to go in for my last day of teaching at Warren Elementary tomorrow. I finished with my 8th graders today and promotion was tonight. Somehow you always look back on times like these and wonder if you invested enough...did you take the teachable moments when they presented themselves...will they remember anything about this math teacher other than how much they hated math...somewhere down the road will the seeds that are planted grow into something for Jesus despite what seem like some really hopeless home situations???? So many questions and so I put my questions at Jesus' feet with a prayer in my heart that this year that I spent with those kiddos did in fact serve a purpose not just for my heart but for theirs as well. They will always be near my heart in prayer.

Spent Tuesday night this week giving a presentation on Honduras to a group of gals in Williamstown and it was delightful to be with them. It's funny, I could give the same speech a thousand times I think and still be completely touched by this story...this country...and God's heart for these people. A few of my very good friends from there tearfully committed to going with next years team from here. I'm delighted about that. Please pray for more opportunities for me to be able to share what God needs me to about this place. It is an honor to share their story and I do not take that lightly.

As plans continue with the Santa Ana property and I continue to work with Marc, I appreciate him more and more. What joy to be a part of something that's bigger than we are and requires a divine providence to enable it to come true. It's vision. It's faith. It's just way past exciting to give God room to blow our minds as we attempt to get out of the way. I love it!! Was thinking tonight that in just a few short months I'll be living in this country. Not going to visit for some days, not going with a project mentality for a short stint, but going to do the fun and exciting and the mundane ordinary moments of life, all of it in this country. Thought about how refreshing the simplicity is going to be.

I moved out of my apartment last week completely and in so doing, I sold a lot of my stuff and I boxed up a whole bunch of it and I noticed something. I didn't have trouble getting rid of the "stuff" and almost welcomed it at points. It was neat to think through the purpose and realize that God had released the grasp in my heart so that it could release the grasp with my fingers on the "stuff." Just became so apparent that I need very little in this world and sometimes I'm better when I just get away from all the distractions from all of it.

Well gonna close this one tonight, that's enough update for a bit. Still attempting to be His vessel where I am right now and praying you're doing exactly the same.

No comments: