Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Happy Birthday Momma Grose :)

Today was a special day...it's Momma Grose's birthday and it gave me an opportunity to think about how much her presence has blessed my life! Difficult to put into words all that watching her life has done to help clarify what I want my own to look like but she has modeled and mentored and been such a huge beacon of light as I have attempted to walk towards Jesus.

So before I pillow my head tonight, I just felt the need to make an entry into this journal for this day about another one of the people who have most impacted my world and today seemed the right time to do it.

So here are the lessons I've learned from her that perhaps benefit far more than just me. Seems pretty selfish not to share.

1) I've learned that honor is something you give to those you love and it's demonstrated as you seek to make them look good (whether they are present or not) in front of others by both your words and actions.

2) I've learned that a faith that is lived out takes a Bible that is lived in.

3) I've learned that seeking out the one soul who needs loved on and encouraged most today is loving like Jesus loves.

4) I've learned that grace can be worth more than a million dollars when you forgive mistakes and help people forget them.

5) I've learned that quiet time in a prayer chair each morning produces wisdom from heaven.

6) I've learned that of all the accomplishments I may achieve in my life, being God's friend is the single solitary best undeserved one.

7) I've learned that we get the same number of hours each day and we can choose to go through life spending minutes or making moments and I prefer the latter.

8) I've learned that living with a purpose makes others want one too.

9) I've learned that loving God contagiously makes your sphere of influence absolutely huge, and that having a heart the size of Texas gives Him all sorts of opportunity to use it.

10) I've learned that when I grow up I want to be a lot like her cause she's a lot like Jesus!!!!

The list could go on and the lessons are many. Thank you Lord for this day and for the contribution of this lady to the lives of so many of us. You outdid yourself!!

Happy Birthday one more time. Your adopted daughter loves you!

No comments: