Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Uninhibited Praise

I stood in the presence of several hundred young people this evening and I am absolutely knocked to my knees. I saw a new depth of worship that either I had forgotten existed or haven't fully experienced. I watched them be the church in ways we have become far too "grown up" for. Perhaps I shouldn't lump us all in the same category so I'll just place myself there. I have gotten far too mature to jump around and celebrate Christ. I've become far too controlled to kneel when I pray and by all means I must be guarded enough to not just hug and love on everybody because not everyone can be trusted and what if people reject me or don't like me or.... blah blah blah blah blah.

So I come humbly asking questions of my heart this evening...what did I see within them that I lack? What so touched my heart that I feel I've lost touch with? And this is my conclusion at this point...UNINHIBITED PRAISE!!! I've forgotten how good it felt to not base my worship or my response to God on anything else but God! I saw that tonight in some young people who renewed and refreshed my heart.

If they are any indication of all God has planned for the future I await the coming days in eager expectation! He's raising up some giants in the land!

No comments: