Wednesday, June 22, 2005

OASIS

Last night was the first of a 5 part series that will happen for the sisters in our area. It's always so incredibly evident to me that we need each other. Can't tell you the number of times I have been so encouraged by a hug or a hand on my shoulder or a simultaneous tear running down a sisters cheek. We pray together well. :) We laugh together well. :) We worship together well. :) We do life together well. :) Well, we just do together well!! I'm so glad God gave us the privilege of being sisters. What a neat idea! Good one God. It was like He said, ok y'all listen up I'm gonna plant you all here together and give you all the opportunities in the world to realize how fun this being a family thing can be. So you guys just have a party and at moments we say OK!! We don't need much of an excuse for a party now do we??!!

It's like I feel like in some ways we're redeeming ourselves. Let's face it, it is no secret, we can be pretty caddy, sometimes extremely petty, and for a long time we've been labeled as having a hard time controlling our tongues and deciding when they should wag and when they shouldn't. Not that we've solved all of those problems by far, but I think we're figuring out more ways to be good to one another also. We're figuring out how to come alongside and encourage and draw out one anothers gifts and rejoice in them using them. We're choosing to "be there" for each other in true senses of the word not just when it's easy or convenient. We're learning how to help make each other better, really.

This wasn't at all what I intended this post to be about. When I sat down to write I thought I was going to give a recap on last night and the beautiful way God used it (and perhaps I have just in a different avenue.) Regardless I guess the thought of sisterhood just took over because it overjoys me sometimes. I think God must at moments sit up there and grin from ear to ear when He sees a room full of gals enjoying being His girls. That catches my heart and makes it leap because of all the pain I cause Him in my humanness, I love times when I think about Him looking and being able to just smile in sheer joy.

Lots of words I love...one of my favorites is definitely becoming SISTER!! I'll learn more about what it means as I add days and years of experience to my life, but right now it's such a sweet word to my heart. I've learned so much in the presence of my sisters as we've invited the Spirit to overtake us still more. We've discovered so much of God together, and I suppose that's my prayer. Which brings me back to this OASIS thing, I so pray in this time of fellowship and sharing together that we'll discover more of Him together.

And so my sisters...shine on!!!

No comments: