Monday, July 25, 2005

Day 3 Update (Saturday)

Alrighty...we're back at it again. Had a day or so when I couldn't use my computer but we're back in the money now so I'll try to get two days posted this morning so you can read them and see the pictures.

Connie and I went this morning to see the property where the childrens home will be. It is gorgeous, I'll post pictures for that on the next blog because we spent the whole day there Sunday. We walked through and saw where the church building will be, where the duplex houses will be, the clinic, the training facility, and the childrens home. You guys are going to LOVE this property. It's gorgeous, it looks like somewhere that you would retreat to honestly.

Mark went to "pound nails" with the boys. I think he'd had about all he could take of our oohing and aahing. :) He was ready to do some physical labor. We met up with them later. There were children around the house site...so needless to say I didn't get many nails hammered, but I had a ball coloring with children. Connie got a hammer in her hand though and had a good time!

The highlight of the day for me was that I got to give a little girl who had no shoes a pair of sweet little sandals and kiss those tiny feet who have already seen more desperation and dirt and tough stuff than I'll ever know. Sat there with tears thinking wonder what it would be like to walk a mile with these little feet. Her grandmother when she knew I was going to put shoes on her feet asked me to wait a minute before I put them on. She took her down the hill to the house stood her outside and gave her a bath took her inside and put clean clothes on her, (probably the nicest she had) brought her back up and I put those little shoes on her, they fit perfectly by the way, thank you sweet Lord! Her abuella (grandmother) who was an absolute saint, held her for the rest of the day and didn't let her down in those shoes. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE and in moments like these I am reminded. Under my bed right now I probably have 6 pairs of shoes that are "old" and could be given away.

Then this mother of three children walked up to me and asked me if I had any more zapatos (shoes). I only had little people sizes and it was so difficult to look at those dirty feet that were rough and broken open in places and tell her I didn't have any. If my own shoes would have fit her I would have taken mine off and gone barefoot the rest of the day I think, but her feet were so tiny. I did the only thing I knew to do and in the middle of mud and what I knew would make absolutely no difference in a few moments physically but I prayed would make a huge difference somewhere in a heart as she might be reminded of a man who would wash her feet any day to show her His love...I got out my wet ones and bent down to attempt to wash her feet. Hoping to make a difference for her God blew my heart away in that moment and I couldn't choke back the tears. It was humbling and such an honor. These words do NOT do justice, I know you all understand that there just is no way to explain this to anyone.

We built the home for the family who didn't have one earlier today...Glory to GOD!! Then left to pick Karen up at the airport, came back to the Mission House to meet half of Tindall's team. Some good folks indeed. Had a devo with some great singing for sure and then pillowed our heads for the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you had a wonderful experience being able to wash that women's feet and to put the shoes on the little girl...ya'll are doing amazing things keep up the wonderful work....i love you guys so much!!!! :)

Love,
Kelsey Ann
P.S. keep loving on all the little Honduran children and their parents too because they also need love...let them know their Jesus loves them :)love ya guys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm a little slow with this high-tech stuff. Had to have Tony show me how to add comments - so here they are.
What can I say...I'm speechless! Washing feet!!! The pictures are awesome! My heart longs to be there.
Missing you all and praying for you daily. Actually, several times daily.
Can't wait to share in your memories.
Give some hugs and heart away for me.
Love ya!!!
Mary Ann