Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Moments Bottled Up

So here's my question...do you ever have those moments that you just want to bottle up? Like the ones where God's face seems so close that you're certain you could reach out and tangibly touch it. Our memories in the minds and hearts God gave us are so special, but unfortunately with time they fade and the details become sketchy and there are some of those God's love washing over you moments that if you could just capture the luster and keep it...now that would be good stuff!!

I had a moment like that Saturday at our monthly OASIS gals gathering. Like it was so sacred that you just wanted to still life it in a bottle somehow to take back out and relive over and over and over again. To record every word that was said and the emotion of the moment and that feeling of God's love washing over me. It was literally like I heard Him say through another's words, Jen I absolutely adore you...we are in this together and there won't be a second of your life that I will not delight in walking through with you. It was beautiful!!! I can't remember another time in life when I felt Him any nearer or heard Him any clearer, and I don't want to lose that feeling.

Wonder if that's how Noah felt when he and his family got to leave the ark...or how Abraham felt when he got to offer a ram instead of his son...or how David felt when he was able to shoot a stone and knock Goliath dead...or how Mary felt when she heard the angel speak about giving birth to the Messiah. I wonder if Paul would tell you he desperately wanted to bottle his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus.

Think it's a reminder to me that there's a reason that those are the moments we want to bottle up and keep. We were born to live in intimate relationship with the Father and in those moments when we truly experience face to face encounters, we don't want to let them go....whether we recognize it at the time or not, we desperately want to live there! Heaven becomes a little more precious after each of those encounters because we get just a taste of what His holy hands touching our human cheeks might feel like.

I wonder... if that's where our bottles worth of sacred memories is stored up and some sweet day we'll get to relive all the really cherished ones all over again! Now wouldn't that be SWEET!!

No comments: