Sunday, October 30, 2005

First Day in Hondo

Well today was our first day to wake up in Honduras. (By the way girls, I pillowed my head last night with your hands under my head, listened to lullabies from two of my favorite sisters, read sweet notes that hugged my heart, and rested in peace. Thank YOU!!)

Started out the day traveling to Santa Ana to worship and see the property as we hadn't been there since July to see all that has developed there. It looks GREAT! They have been working so hard to get the duplexes and the church building built and the ground for the children's home is all level and the blocks are going up one by one. They will be finished with the block within the next week and a half. Things are going to fly now. It's awesome to see all that's been done just since we saw pictures like a week ago. I'll share some pictures with you from the day and try to explain them a bit. It's difficult to see and visualize from a distance I know, but promised I'd post some so I'll keep updating these throughout the various stages.

This was at the new church building this morning for worship. There were so many kiddo's there. CUTE kiddo's. Oh dear, so I got to sit beside two sweet little girls who were drawing me pictures in my journal of gato's and perro's and various other things I have no idea how you say in spanish. :) Hopefully that will change soon. My brain definitely hurts from concentrating so hard on trying to understand what they are saying. I will be so glad when that improves!



AND HERE IT IS...the blocks that will house these two gringo's and 20 little nino's/nina's of the Lord's choosing! These walls are actually the walls for Karen and I's apartment side of the building. They will be putting up the walls for the other side soon. It looks great, walking around you could totally picture where things were going to be and we had sooooooooo much fun with that. It was a bit emotional to get here and see it and know that in just weeks from now there will be children with a place to live where they will be loved and wrapped up in God's great big arms. Mmmmmmmmmm sweet thought.

This is the kiddo's side of the building and just a bit of the absolutely beautiful view out the back. They are being so kind and building us a small deck off the back so that we can sit out there and have some quiet time in the morning or whenever. (Just so you know it'll never take the place of my favorite deck in the world...but I am glad to have one...so you make sure you save my space on that one too ok??) The blocks that are running through the middle of the dirt which you can vaguely see are the outline of the kid's bedrooms. There will be 4 of them, two smaller ones and two bigger ones.


The property is beautiful and it's gonna be good. I did drive around Tegucigalpa today and we're trying to get oriented so we won't get lost. Went to a Price Mart which is somewhat like Sam's and got membership cards there today. Lots of errand type stuff to do in the next couple days so guess that's what's on the agenda, depending upon the weather. We'll see how that goes. It's raining and blowing here right now but not too much rain yet, so we're still praying God will just literally move it. These poor people on the mountains have no hope if it rains a lot because their houses are built right into the side of the hill and they just collapse and so it's devestating. Please pray for them.

Alright will close this one for now. Off to have a little down time and some rest, which is much welcomed and appreciated after the past few weeks of getting ready.

We love you all and will talk to you again soon. Miss ya much already!

No comments: