Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's Thursday...

Well you've heard me say probably a few times how much I love Thursdays. They've come to be precious precious parts of my world as I gather with 9 other sisters and we study and pray and praise together. Those are the spiritual words that we can all relate to but as I have been reflecting (and all of Heaven knows that these times certainly are prone to a whole lot of that) there are some other words that represent what we've done together too.

We've wrestled together over the hard things life throws at moments and we've not been afraid to say whewww I don't get this. We've been broken together and by now we know not only the wonderful things about one another but the blemishes as well, because we've exposed them to each other. We've been vulnerable, we've been honest, we've been less than honest at moments with God with ourselves and with each other, we've fought the devil together from our knees, we've lifted God together with our praise, we've surrounded one another with His arms and heart, we've become a small microchasm of what I believe God created the body of Christ to be.

It's been a place free to express your questions and your doubts. It's been a place where I am not limited by my age or my experience or less valued because of those things. We all come together with what God is teaching us and we walk away richer after sharing it.

These girls help take care of my "Jesus heart." I pray you find some folks who do the same if you are not already blessed with the gift of them. Of all the sacrifices this move requires in some ways, Thursdays will be near the top of the list of the most difficult ones to lay on the altar, because of all it's come to mean. Thursday nights with my girls...how blessed we have been to have had at least 100 Thursday nights together by now. They will go down in some of my most treasured memories of all times.

I do love you so my sisters. Thank you for helping to grow me into this! This is as much yours as it is mine. These words are for you...

The gate is wide
The road is paved in moderation
The crowd is kind and quick to pull you in
Welcome to the middle ground
It's safe and sound and
Until now it's where I've been

Cuz it's been fear
That ties me down to everything
But it's been love, Your love
That cuts the strings

So long, status quo
I think I've just let go
You make me wanna be brave
The way it always was
It's no longer good enough
You make me wanna be brave

Brave, brave

...

But if You believe in me
That changes everything

So long, status quo
I think I've just let go
You make me wanna be brave
The way it always was
It's no longer good enough
You make me wanna be brave


As cheesy as this is you all will be the wind beneath my wings when I'd rather land and nest than fly! You've taught me that soaring for Jesus is the only option. How could I possibly say thank you for that? Let's be BRAVE, whadayasay??!!!

No comments: