Saturday, November 25, 2006

And Today...

The Christmas spirit has definitely hit. Today we hung the Christmas stockings (which take half a wall :) by the imaginary chimney we wish we had...IT IS FREEZING HERE...ok I realize 50 is not freezing but most of us keep our houses at 68 or 70 in the States unless you are my mom or Mary Ann who prefer it just slightly above meat freezer temperature, but that's not the point...anyway 50 isn't so cold unless it's nightime and your whole house is 50 because they don't build in furnace ducts and put in furnaces here cause most of the time you don't need them at all, and most often feel like you are in a furnace...but ummmm well let's just say my beloved down comforter ain't cutting it alone anymore!!

And I divert...anyway, we hung the stockings today with their little names on them and I bet they have asked me 50 times today, now which one is mine?? So cute. Something about taking a kid who feels as though they have been forgotten and reminding them that they are cherished here that's making me do all sorts of crazy things I've never done before. Like cooking turkeys and hanging stockings on the wall!! :)


 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kay Grose said...

Wish we could bring the Grose abode fireplace to you to warm little toes. So grateful that the warmth of the love of Jesus is going deeper and deeper into those little hearts every day. Thanks for being the keeper of the flame. Missing you now, loving you always, momma Grose.