Sunday, November 05, 2006

Selfless Giving...

So speaking of learning to attempt to give more selflessly, I've learned a thing or two about that from these sweet little guys in my world.

Yesterday I had to run to town to get a few things and so one of the kids wanted to come and then all of the kids minus the 3 itty bitty ones wanted to come so we set out with a full van to go to the edge of town to run a couple errands. While I ran in to get money and go to the pharmacy the kids, except for Yovani and Cristian (one of our employees sons) stayed in the van with Katrina and Alorra. Most times when we go to the city we eat lunch somewhere and let them play on the playground or we go get ice cream or whatever, but some of that has changed now with 10 kids cause it's way harder on our pocketbook. :) So thought ok what can I get for them as a treat, so we were walking through this little grocery store and I said ok guys let's see what we can find for all the kids. At which time Yovani reaches in his pocket and pulls out 1 lemp which is a nickel in our terms hands it to me and says here use this to help buy it. Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! I tried to give it back to him and tell him to save it but he would have nothing of it. Selfless giving from a little guy who gave me the only lemp he had to his name to buy treats for all the kids. Thank You Lord for his heart!

Then on the last visit that we had with the mother of the boys we met them at Wendy's instead of at Casitas cause it does horrible things to Mario to have to go there, and so we have found another meeting spot. They have an older brother who is 10 also, his name is Johnnie and they are as excited to see him as they are anyone else when we go visit. So when I was home the last time my mom had bought each of the boys an outfit and a bag of gummy bears. They loved them, one of the boys ate all of theirs the first night. Most of them were gone within two days. I thought they all had disappeared. Little did I know that one of the boys had saved their whole bag to give to their brother, because when we walked into Wendy's he was holding the bag in his hand with a huge smile on his face. His special treat, saved to bless someone else.

Yep, certainly learn as much as I teach here. Probably more. Father continue to grow within them hearts that look for ways to selflessly give. You are doing good things in them and I praise You for all that You've done and all that we'll watch You do in the days and years to come.

No comments: