Monday, November 06, 2006

Prayers Please...

Headed home tomorrow morning again for 2 weeks, with a schedule full of presentations and reports to give. Would so appreciate your prayers that we are able to raise enough funds to continue to provide for these sweet children for the next year without wondering where next month's money is going to come from. If that is God's will for us to trust Him then so be it, but I'd sure prefer to trust Him to just take care of it a little further ahead of time. Don't doubt He'll come through, I really don't, I've seen Him show up way too many times for that.

Above any of the financial things, I covet your prayers that I might be a voice for those who don't get one. That I might do some sort of justice, as flawed as it may be, to mothers who stand beside the cribs of babies who are dying because they can't come up with the $100 needed to get the medicine their sweet one needs. That little boys like Jefferson and Delmer might be ever present in my mind, that I might speak on their behalf, that I might speak of their life, even though it will always be from the outside looking in. That I might remember every single good morning snuggle, goodnight hug, kiss, and prayer, that I will speak of healing because I've seen it first hand in these ones that live here that God has allowed me to love and be loved by. I just covet your prayers, that as much as I felt called to be here, I now feel just as called, perhaps more so to share what I've seen, in the hopes that it might change us, all of us, including me, perhaps most of all me! That we'll no longer turn our heads to the injustices of the world but that something within us will rise up and say, if we as God's people don't help, who will?

Oh Father, please be near, and speak through this servant of Yours. My words will always be flawed, so please let Your Spirit hover over this heart before I ever utter a word that I will come before You first and beg to offer only what You would want spoken. God You are unbelievably good and You do not fail me or forsake me and so I rest there knowing You will go before me to prepare hearts, walk beside me as I do my best to share and represent You well, and You will linger behind me to continue to mold and change hearts long after my few words have faded as a distant memory. You are so kind. Thank YOU!!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You got it sister!!! I have so much love for you and Karen and those kiddos! I can not WAIT to be there!! God is working hard!