Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Day...

Well woke up this morning at 7 ish to baste and bake my first turkey. I like it a whole lot better when mom does that whole business and I specialize in the eating it part, but hey, don't get that luxury this year and so the kids and employees are all excited that we're cooking a Thanksgiving feast today because they don't celebrate this day (obviously because it's an American holiday) and never with a $30 turkey so it's a party day for sure around this place!! Karen bought 50 potato's I think so she can have homemade mashed potatoes for a week. :)

I am going this morning to the city to take Miguel his new set of crutches, just seems the right day to do that and to buy him lunch. Some very sweet lady saw his picture in my presentation and noticed that his crutches were different lengths and falling apart and brought a new pair of crutches that she had at home and had used only one time and said, here take these to your friend. So I hauled them proudly all the way through the airport the other day knowing that when I got them here they would be such a blessing. So gonna go try to love on him this day a little.

Will post some pictures from the day in a little while after the feast!! Happy Thanksgiving to all. We miss you today!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell everyone down there that I said Happy Thanksgiving!