Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Through US????

So I've been doing presentations like a mad woman over the past week or so but it has allowed God and I some really neat time as I have tuned in a little more closely I'm sure and have asked Him what it is that He really would like for me to share about what He has graciously taught me over the past year. Tough to try to put this years lessons into a 30 minute presentation for sure, but I continue to ask for His help to speak through me, to help me be bold and courageous and not say the popular fluffy stuff, but things that will challenge us to be different and do better at some things we have perhaps turned our heads to.

In studying and preparing for all of this, this verse keeps coming up..."For we are Christ's ambassadors, as though He were making His appeal through us." Through us???? Now I've read that verse no less than a hundred times I feel sure, but it hit different this time. Perhaps because I know Christ differently, perhaps because I understand His appeal is all about love now, just understand it from a different heart. As I look at a hurting world and I realize the invitation God has given me to be His Son's hands and feet, to appeal to hurting broken people to run to His arms of love, I find myself once again humbled. I get the privilege the honor of walking through this world and attempting to make an appeal for the one who wowed and wooed this heart. HUGE isn't it??!!!

Don't you ever doubt the impact you are able to have on a life. I remember well the people who made Christ's appeal to me through the way they conducted their lives. Hadn't thought of it that way before, but that's exactly what it was. An appeal to run to Christ because I wanted the relationship they possessed with Him.

Keep loving Him with reckless abandon, a hurting world is watching!! Blessings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Jenn-ay! God is working through you and for you, so keep on keeping on!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! I go to Grand Central and I heard you speak tonight! You did an awesome job and it really moved me! My mom and I are going this summer with the Grand Central group and we're soo excited!! Thank you so much for speaking tonight!

Hannah Clark

Anonymous said...

hey jen, i just wanted to say thanks for everything you said tonight..and for everything thing you do! You truly are a blessing!