Friday, August 12, 2005

All Things New

Just walked into a house I frequent often and it's been like made over today. New kitchen cabinets, new kitchen table, new sectional sofa downstairs, new bedroom suit, new lamp in the office, it's like NEW CENTRAL here today!!

Was sitting here thinking that it reminds me of the verse where it talks about the former things passing away and God making all things new. It's like I want him to put a new version of everything in this messy human heart. I just want to say ok God go ahead make yourself at home, refurnish it with all new things, and I will stand back someday and be so grateful for the way you've decorated my heart and this meager offering of a life.

New stuff is so fun, things looking different, changes being made. I walked in here today like a kid at Christmas just looking around at all the new treasures. Wonder if that isn't sometimes how God looks at our hearts. Wow, I could do this in that corner and change a few things around here and ... then when we've finally cooperated and surrendered and allowed Him access and something has indeed changed I wonder if He doesn't stand back with a grin and enjoy the treasure of the look and feel of new.

Come Lord, move in, redecorate, change the color scheme, make me over, make me new, until the only thing that shows is YOU!! Always only You!

No comments: