Monday, August 29, 2005

My Sister


I had one of the coolest days Saturday that I've had in a really long time. My little sister graduated from nursing school after a few years of studying lots and really long hours and a whole lot of hard work. I know I'm having some sentimental big sister moments but I'm gonna take just a few minutes on this blog to sing her praises.

For those of you who don't know her story it's worth the telling and it's important to me to give God credit for all He has done for this life of one I love so dearly. Ang got pregnant when she was 16 and a junior in high school. I will never forget the night I came home from Nashville and my mom told me she was pregnant. She was already in bed, it was the middle of the night when I got home. I went in beside her bed and knelt down there and just sobbed looking at her thinking how hard this road was going to be. A few months later this little guy came into the world that absolutely stole all of our hearts. I got to go into that room when he was born and watch the miracle of his entrance into this world and I fell in love with him the minute I saw him and haven't stopped loving him since. He has me wrapped around his little finger and knows it I think.

Anyway, there were lots of choices to make and there were definitely some hard years in there with sis trying to be a mom and finish high school and grow up and be who she needed to be and I remember lots of times asking God to please help her get this life stuff figured out. It's hard to figure out how to be a mom and be 16 or 17 years old. Not easy!

I looked at her this weekend and it seemed like everytime I looked I had tears in my eyes. I am so INCREDIBLY proud of her. She has two little guys now and she is this terrific mommy who absolutely adores them and it's reciprocated. She has a husband who is a good daddy and they stood together as this happy little family on this milestone day as she has worked so hard to get through nursing school and they've all made sacrifices to make it work. On top of this milestone, they started building a new house last week, how exciting!

I just saw answers to prayer in very visible form this weekend. Of all the prayers I've uttered over my lifetime, these prayers I prayed on behalf of my sister were perhaps some of the deepest most heartfelt ones. I begged God in no uncertain terms. He is a God who never fails us! Thank you Lord for what you've done in her life and for caring about the things we care about.

Ang, I am honored to be your big sister. Getting to watch you be a mom to those sweet little boys and seeing your dreams coming true is joy for my heart! I love you more than you'll ever know!

1 comment:

PELAN said...

Jen,

Even though I may not know your sister, I am VERY proud for you and her as well!!!!

That is wonderful what she has been able to accomplish over the past years!! Praise the LORD for that!!!

Thanks for sharing always more of you with us!

Loves u very much,

Esperanza