Friday, August 19, 2005

My Heart is Touched...

I have been so touched by people that I don't even know well hearing about this childrens home or reading this blog somehow by some act of God and reading very inadequate words and allowing them to touch their hearts. The touching part isn't that they're reading or hearing but I'm touched that it hasn't stopped there...they're DOING!!

Like just today I heard from the sister of one of my very good friends who has started a shoe drive at their church called, "Share Your Soles." Is that cute or what???!!! All because she cared enough to read the blog while we were on the trip and saw the post from the day when I didn't have any adult shoes to give to this sweet woman who needed some, so she recognized a need and is allowing God to use her.

The Tupelo gang is going absolutely crazy with gathering childrens clothes for us to take. One of the gals from there called the other day and said hey you said you were gonna be there at Christmas time with them, do you have a tree and any decorations and I said no and she said, well I have one, I'm sending it with you those little girls need a tree. For the first time in their life they will have a Christmas tree. How fun is that??????

Some gals from here have offered to have a shower in honor of the "new" children we'll be having...not by birth but birthed through God's heart. And my gang have just been so supportive and encouraging as we walk this thing out.

I'm just touched by the way you are being God's hands right where you are. We often spend lots of time trying to figure out what to do and little time doing it. Not so here. You all are being do-ers and it is more fun than you know to watch you all get excited too! Thanks for that.

I've learned something through this. I don't have to wait for someone to tell me what they need. Sometimes I need to just recognize the need and do something. I see Jesus in all the different beautiful "something's" you are offering.

No comments: