Saturday, August 13, 2005

Books of the Bible at Mr. Bob's House

Woke up this morning and joy of all joys got to go to Mr. Bob's house for breakfast. You probably know him, Mr. Bob Evans. Not to mention the fact that I got to go with some of my favorite gals. They chose 9 am as the meeting time and it wasn't a chore to get up and go spend time with them and some eggs and sausage "down on the farm."

I'm pretty sure that was the cheesiest paragraph of a blog I've ever written so I'm done with that now. Here's the part I really wanted to hit. My friend Bobbie always shows up with gifts and today was no exception and it is such an expression of God's love always and she is a great moment maker. You could easily spend time with her and laugh till your sides hurt but she also has a cool depth and interest in people that always makes our time together special.

So we sat around a table this morning and the question to ponder was...if someone told you could only keep 5 books of the Bible which books would you choose and why? It was an interesting question and provided good discussion. I love spending time with people who take diligence not only to continue to move themselves closer to Christ but help move me there as well.

Would love to hear your thoughts...only 5 books what would they be and why? Feel free to comment or feel free to ponder alone. How awesome that we don't have to choose and have a complete letter of love from the God of the Universe.

No comments: