Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Lessons From Today

Know what I learned today...
  • that sometimes it's just as sweet to sob together as it is to laugh
  • that being a friend might call for honesty at times that aren't easy
  • that sitting beside people you love and talking about absolutely nothing is sometimes exactly what your heart needs
  • that being a part of God's family calls us all to love from a deeper place
  • that Abraham probably struggled to put one foot in front of the other up the mountain that day to make his sacrifice but the only part that got written down was the fact that he was faithful in his obedience
  • that I am blessed beyond anything I deserve to be surrounded by the people I have the blessed privilege of spending my days doing life with right now
  • that even if loving people means it hurts like crazy to let go, I would do it all over again and not change a thing

Some days I guess God just gives you a buffet of heart lessons. I definitely got more than my share today!

No comments: